Sunday, January 10, 2010

Barbies and Queens

Recently thanks to the new female rapper on the scene, Nikki Minaj, everrytime I turn around I hear some young girl talking about how much of a Barbie she is. It's driving me crazy!!! What is it about being a Barbie that is so intriguing?


What is a Barbie?
Plastic.
So if you are trying to be a Barbie then you are trying to be a big chuk of fake plastic right?
That means fake hair, fake lashes, fake nails, and most of all fake personalities.
Being a Barbie doesn't represent beauty, it represents trying to fit a mold. So when you say that you are a Barbie you are basically saying that I am not good enough so I have to change myself into something that I have been taught all of my life to think is the image of perfect.


As a young girl I used to pop the  heads off of my Barbies, disgusted to find out that they had no brains on the inside.
Now as a grown woman I'm popping the heads off all of the fake plastic Barbies to expose your emptiness.
Not only that how can we take Barbie and relate her to some one who raps about having sex for money or having threesomes? Come on ladies let's get it together and realize that when you idolize a hooker you act like a hooker? What happend to the days of Lauryn Hill, MC Lyte, and Yo Yo when women rapped about uplifting themselves and being queens and divas?
So all the real women let's make this the new motto....
I'm not a barbie I'm a queen.




CHECK OUT MY COLUMN IN TRUE LINK MAGAZINE...FOR A COMPLIMENTARY ISSUE SEND AN EMAIL TO MZKNOWITALLBLOG@YAHOO.COM!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment