Tuesday, February 28, 2012
Last fall, I shared “21 signs you grew up in the 90s.” Without further ado, here are 21 more signs you grew in the 90s.
1. When gas was less than $2 a gallon.
2. How to survive without a cell phone
3. Going to the drug store to pick up photos (that were developed by the store).
4. Learning the hard way why you should have taken the ferry instead of fording the river and losing all your BFFs to the plague (Oregon Trail reference).
6. When you owned several tie-dye shirts, biker shorts—which you thought were cool to wear under skirts and skorts—and neon-colored jelly shoes. (Props if you ever wore all three together.)
7. Giving all your BFFs friendship or slap bracelets.
8. Watching TRL after school.
9. The Y2K freak out
10. Getting excited to record your family’s answering machine message.
11. Hearing “You’ve got mail” and actually getting excited over new emails.
12. How to create a mix-tape of songs—from the radio.
13. How to play video games on an Atari.
14. The best part of your weekend was getting up early to watch Saturday morning cartoons in your pajamas. (See: Power Rangers, Ninja Turtles, etc.) 15. Creating your first website on Geocities.
16. Learning science from Bill Nye The Science Guy.
17. Getting injured on a Slip ‘n Slide
18. The Babysitter’s Club, Goosebumps, Nancy Drew. Nuff’ said.
19. Asking your parents to buy you a “Chia Pet” or a “Clapper.”
20. Having a Trapper Keeper and Lisa Frank school supplies, “the ultimate ‘cool’ status symbol.”
21. When MTV actually played music videos.
Jessica Malnik is a PR/marketing coordinator, social media specialist and videographer. She writes on her personal blog, where a version of this article originally ran.
Friday, February 17, 2012
Clearly I have either been sleeping on Tyga or he is switching up his style on this new album, because I didn't know that he was such a lyricist. Tyga teamed up with Nas and Wale to bring us Kings and Queens, a new single from his sophmore albume Careless World: Rise of the Last King.
This track is very poetic and inspirational, much different than Rack City which was Tyga's last single.
Download Kings and Queens free here
Ladies check out ICSY BEAUTIFUL's one week sale. All jewelry and accessories $10 and under....don't miss out!
Monday, February 13, 2012
You know even though Beyonce showed up to Jay Z's concert at Carnegie Hall looking every bit like a woman who had just given birth, there are still some naysayers that believe that she is not human enough to give birth to her own child.
Well there have been pictures of Queen Bey released from when she was a baby and besides the little touch of Jay Z in Blue Ivy's face the pictures are identical!!!
POW!!! Take that hating blogger sites!
FOR THE LATEST UPDATES ON BEYONCE AND BABY BLUE IVY FOLLOW ME AT TWITTER.COM/MKIATHEBLOGGER